Gin Summer Cup, THE drink for summer
Summer Cup or in the original also Fruit Cup, are in Germany still rather unknown beverages, at least as far as the designation is concerned. For this reason I would like to introduce this variant of the gin cocktail to you today. Traditionally the Summer Cup comes from England. Over the years it slowly gained familiarity and popularity as a long drink, which was combined with soft drinks like lemonade or ginger ale. These long drinks are usually based on gin, but there are also a few Summer or Fruit Cup variations with vodka. Summer Cups are so well suited for the summer because they are simply wonderfully refreshing, especially since many fruits belong in the cocktail. Also the mint, which is a component of the drink, contributes to this effect. Our recipe variant contains oranges and mint, but you could also use any other fruit you like. Some examples are strawberries, blueberries, limes and apples.
Which gin is used for the Gin Summer Cup Gin Cocktail?
The most frequently used gin variety for the Gin Cocktail Gin Summer Cup is probably Pimm’s No. 1.
Gin is characterised by a slightly bitter, herbaceous and spicy taste. By the way, this is a liqueur based on gin, the alcohol content is „only“ 25%. In relation to most Gin sorts this is rather little. Pimm’s No. 1 should rather be mixed with ginger ale in the Gin Summer Cup. The fine ginger note supports the spicy gin and harmonises perfectly with the fresh fruits.
Another gin that is often used for the Summer Cup is Sipsmith’s Summer Cupo. The name of the gin cocktail is already in the name of the gin. This gin is often referred to as a gin aperitif. The smell of Sipsmith’s Summer Cup initially indicates orange, cucumber and English tea. The Gin Summer Cup comes from England, so this Gin reminds strongly of the English Tea Time. You can also taste different flavours within the drink. Some examples are juniper, lemon, different spices but also a hint of cherry. Who wants to prepare the Gin Summer Cup with Sipsmith’s Summer Cup should mix the drink better with Sprite than with Ginger Ale.
How to prepare a really good Gin Summer Cup?
Gin ingredients Summer Cup:
- 6 cl Summer Cup (for example Sipsmith Summer Cup English herbal liqueur)
- Cucumbers, per cocktail about three to four slices
- Fresh mint
- 2 slices oranges
- Ginger Ale or Sprite (for filling)
- Englischer Kräuterlikör
- ideal zum Verschenken oder selbst genießen
How to complete a Gin Summer Cup?
- The preparation of the Gin Summer Cup Gin Cocktail begins with the preparation of the glass. For this, the cucumber is cut into slices and the orange, depending on its size, is also cut into slices or slices. Both are then placed in a slightly larger glass.
- Next, the glass is filled to about one third with ice cubes.
- After cucumber, orange and ice cubes have been added to the glass, 6 cl Summer Cup are added.
- Finally, the cocktail is filled with sprite or ginger ale. This depends on which Summercup is used.
- For decoration you can now put a small bush of mint into the glass, or place a slice of orange on the edge of the glass.
After cucumber, orange and ice cubes have been added to the glass, 6 cl Summer Cup are added.