A shot of gin for Mediterranean cuisine
Who does not love them, the diverse mediterranean cuisine from Italy, Portugal, Greece, Turkey and many other countries. Clear, pasta, risotto, fresh fish directly from the sea, delicious herbs and the special touch holiday, we all love that. Is it still possible to spice up the Mediterranean cuisine? You can, and of course with gin!
That’s why we have an incredibly delicious dish for you: A Gin-Chicken with tomato risotto! So what do you need to put a unique holiday flair on your plate?
Gin chicken ingredients for 2 people:
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 tin peeled tomatoes
- 250 g risotto rice
- 2 onions
- various fresh herbs
- Tomato puree
- ½ Litres vegetable broth
- White wine
- 1/16 litres Gin
- Salt and pepper
- Saffron threads
Preparation of the gin chicken
- Starts with preparation the day before to give the meat a perfect marinade. To do this, first remove any tendons and small amounts of fat from the chicken breasts. An onion is chopped and added to the meat. Soak the saffron threads in the gin for a few minutes before adding them to the chicken.
- Now you’re chopping the herbs. For example, thyme, parsley, olive herb and rosemary would be suitable. Of course you can complete the list with herbs of your choice. With a dash of good olive oil, the herbs now also migrate to the meat. Mix everything well and cover it up. It can now marinate in the fridge. Optimally it would be even, if the meat is put not only one, but two days before the cooking mariniert into the refrigerator .
- The meat is ready to cook, now we’re going for the risotto. But you chop the second onion very finely. If you like garlic, you can also chop a clove finely. Heat some olive oil in a saucepan and add the onion (and garlic if necessary) to stew it a little. Then add the rice and roast it for a few minutes. Then the tomato paste follows. Depending on your taste take 1-3 tablespoons.
- The tomato paste is roasted briefly before everything is extinguished with a good dash of white wine. Now the canned tomatoes are added to the risotto. Half a litre of vegetable broth is used in the last step. The risotto must simmer for a total of 20-25 minutes. With constant stirring, the risotto is repeatedly infused with a dash of broth until it has a nice, creamy consistency and the rice is completely cooked.
- As the risotto simmers, we take care of the chicken breasts. Put some olive oil in a pan and fry the meat from both sides golden brown. Who would like, can put the chicken also on a skewer.
- The finished risotto is now refined with a small piece of butter and seasoned with salt and pepper. If you would like to bring a little spice into the game, use a pinch of cayenne pepper. Now stir in a few tablespoons of freshly grated Parmesan cheese. A little parsley makes the risotto perfect! When serving a few halved cherry tomatoes complete the delicious rice dish . The chicken is best placed on the risotto and garnished with some Parmesan slivers.
Would you like some vegetables with the risotto and the meat? Then just double the marinade the day before. Now choose a vegetable of your choice and put it in the sauce. For example, green asparagus, paprika or zucchini would be suitable. Now you can prepare the marinated vegetables either in a pan or on the grill. Of course, the vegetables also taste great without the marinade. Just season it with salt and pepper and cook it in a frying pan.
And your perfect summer plate of gin chicken is ready and you feel like on a sunny terrace in the beautiful Bella Italia!