Arthur Tompkins, a simple but super delicious gin cocktail
The selection of different gin cocktails is now really incredibly large. The different types of gin alone make the choice very confusing. Meanwhile there are also numerous different Gin Bars, both inside and outside Germany, which have specialized predominantly in the topic Gin. In particular the many different Gin Cocktails are in the preparation often complex and are prepared therefore rather rarely. The Arthur Tompkins Gin Cocktail, on the other hand, is prepared very quickly and is also suitable for drinking one or two glasses in the evening after work.
What gin goes well with an Arthur Tompkins Gin Cocktail?
For an Arthur Tompkins you can use different gin varieties , here the motto is in most cases that you should use the gin you like. One option is to use the Hendrick’s Gin. It has a very strong cucumber aroma, which fits perfectly to the Grand Marnier. But you really have to appreciate and like this combination so that you really like it.
Others swear by the Tanqueray No. Ten. This makes the described gin cocktail drier, but the taste of the gin is less in the foreground. A point of criticism for some gin lovers could be that the gin aroma is largely lost.
What is Grand Marnier?
The Grand Marnier is another component of the Arthur Tompkins Gin Cocktails. This is generally a French brand for various liqueurs or more precisely Curaçao liqueurs, which are made from Caribbean bitter oranges. A well-known drink of the company is the Cordon Rouge based on Cognac. By the way, Grand Marnier is not only used for drinking on its own or for preparing long drinks and (gin) cocktails. This liqueur is also convincing because of its versatility, especially when it comes to cooking and baking.
- GRAND MARNIER Cordon Rouge wurde 1880 von Louis-Alexandre Marnier-Lapostolle kreiert.
- Cordon Rouge ist ein einzigartiger Blend aus hochwertigem Cognac und den Essenzen tropischer Orangen.
How to make a really good Arthur Tompkins?
Ingredients Arthur Tompkins:
- 6 cl Gin
- 1.5 cl Grand Marnier
- 6 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ice cubes
How to make a good Arthur Tompkins now?
- The preparation of the gin cocktail Arthur Tompkins is really easy. First the Gin, Grand Marnier are put into a cocktail shaker together with the lemon juice and some ice cubes.
- subsequently the liquids are shaken together with the ice for about 15 – 25 seconds.
- Then you can strain the well shaken cocktail. A nice old fashioned glass is best suited for this, or also the most stylish.
- The gin cocktail can then be garnished with a few lemon zest or a slice of lemon. The latter can be stuck at the edge of the cocktail by making a small cut into a slice of lemon.
- And the Gin Cocktail Arthur Tompkins can either be served or drunk by yourself.